With make up looks, I usually stick to colder tones such as flat browns and mauve toned nudes. However, when the festive period comes around I like to add a dash of warmth into my makeup, in a bid to counteract the paleness of my skin from lack of sunlight (which is definitely the case at the moment!). This is the make up that I did for a last minute trip home via Leeds for some Christmas shopping – although, this was more window shopping with my current budget. My reason for going home was a highly important one – we’ve got a new kitten! Keep scrolling if you think you can handle the cuteness…
The products I used for this look were as follows:
- Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation in Wheat (this is way too dark for me at the moment so I’m currently mixing with a touch of moisturiser)
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Concealer in 1.5
I use this for under eyes only as it’s very thick and would look too cakey if used to highlight the rest of my face!
- NYX Setting Powder
- MAC Give Me Sun Bronzer
- Jaclyn Hill Champagne Pop Highlighter
I apply this on my cheek bones, tip of my nose, cupids bow and inner corner of my eye
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in Medium Brown
- Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer to correct
- Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer as a base
- Superdrug I Heart Makeup Naked Chocolate Palette (see my review of this product here – it’s my holy grail!)
- Kat Von D Tattoo Liner
- NYX Black Gel Liner
- Maybelline Cat Eye Mascara
- Maybelline Black Gel Pencil Liner
- Nars Velvet Lip Pencil (annoyingly I now seem to have lost this and can’t find the shade… Will update the post if/when I do!)
Now, as promised, the most important part of this blog post… Meet my new kitten, Luna!
Sadly for me, she lives back at home, but luckily that’s only about 40 mins away. Guess who’s gonna be home most weekends now…
What did you think of this makeup look? What’s your go-to look for the festive season? Let me know in the comments!
Thanks for reading,