I think we can all relate to the struggle of getting on holiday to find you’ve left something behind, especially when you said at least 50 times ‘I feel like I’m forgetting something’, but couldn’t quite pinpoint what it was.
In some cases it’s less of a big deal, like toothpaste or shower gel, and other times you get to the airport to realise you’ve forgot your passport, all types of underwear and have nothing warmer than a bikini to deal with unexpectedly arctic temperatures. So here it is, the Bible of everything you’ll ever need when travelling, from me to you, to ensure you’re never in such an unfortunate situation again.
The important stuff:
- Passport. Kinda helps.
- Any documents such as visas, insurance information, itineraries, etc etc.
- Tickets for any connecting transport such as trains or buses that you need to get to/from the airport (and when you get to your destination).
- Phone/laptop/camera chargers and the relevant adapters to ensure you can use these abroad.
- Checking out your phone plan to see if there’s any charges to use your phone abroad, and turning off data roaming if you don’t want to pay these.
- Keys to get back into your apartment/house when you return from your trip
- Purse with money, card and foreign currency
- Toothpaste, toothbrush, mouthwash, retainers (if you have them and won’t lose them abroad!)
- For me personally, contact lenses and glasses are crucial!
- Underwear – knickers, bra, bandeaus, etc
- Swimwear – bikinis, swimming costume, any fancy throws you may wanna wear around the pool, towels (if your accommodation doesn’t provide this)
- Bottoms – weather permitting! Jeans, shorts (denim and comfier options), skirts (denim, mini, maxi)
- Tops – crop tops, long sleeved (if you get sunburnt, you’ll thank yourself for bringing more covered up options!)
- Dresses – formal, tight, loose
- Playsuits and jumpsuits – dressy, casual slouchy ones to slip on by the pool
- PJ’s – must admit I’ve forgot this one more times than I wish to disclose
- Shoes – sandals, flats, trainers, heels
- Bags and belts – a handbag to take on the flight with you, a smaller bag/clutch for when you’re out and about on holiday and a big bag/suitcase size that meets your airlines regulations for the majority of your belongings
- Jewellery – necklaces, earrings, rings etc
- Face – foundation, tinted moisturiser, concealer, contour, blush, bronzer, highlighter, setting powder, setting spray
- Eyes – eye primer/concealer, eye shadow, eye liner (liquid/pen/pencil), eyelash curlers, mascara, any false lashes and lash glue
- Brows – concealer, brow powder/pencil/gel, spoolie brush
- Lips – lip balm with SPF, lip liner, lip sticks, lip glosses etc
- Extras – make up brushes, tweezers, scissors
- Sun tan lotion and after sun
- Face wipes, eye makeup remover
- Cleansers, toners, moisturisers
- Face masks or overnight oils
- Body moisturiser
- Gradual tanner
- Deodorant – roll on or spray under 100ml
- Hair brush
- Shampoo and conditioner
- Hair mask/oils
- Mousse, thickening spray, hairspray
- Hair bobbles and bobby pins
- Book/magazine/snacks for the plane
And that’s it! You should be good to go – just make sure you make the flight now…
I’m currently using this travel packing checklist to pack for my holiday to Mauritius – I’ve never been there (or even anywhere nearby!) so if you have any suggestions of things to do or places to see, please let me know in the comments below!